Friday, April 15, 2011

griller på stranda

Yes, I'm posting AGAIN this week... 

Today was the last day of school before PÅSKEFERIEN or the Easter Break! 

In our first class, I brought in apple pie that I made last night.  It was a pretty good hit, I think...  :D 

Henrik gave us an "Easter quiz" which was in teams of three to four about genres of music, composers, periods of time, etc etc.  It was a lot of fun!  Normally in Norway, the team that wins these quizzes is the only team to get a prize (normally chocolate of some sort), but Henrik was sooooo nice and got little easter eggs full of godteri (candy) for all the teams! 

The rest of the day was pretty normal except that we were planning to grill hot dogs on the beach!  Line, Mari, Linnke, Håvard, Dina, Alice and I went to the beach down next to Farris Bad after school and cooked hot dogs and had it very koselig. 







Besides almost catching Håvard's head on fire while trying to light the grill, it was a pretty successful day!  It's days like these that make me realize that I have made lifelong friendships with these people here in Norway.  When we first walked down to the beach, I began reminiscing about the first week in Norway when we (the music line) went to the beach and I didn't really know anybody.  I felt a little bit outside for the most part, but now I feel like a part of the gang.  On that day at the beach in August, I never thought that I would be running around, falling, rolling on the ground, jumping around with these classmates.  Here I am!  I have made strong friendships and ......... had a GREAT DAY AT THE BEACH!  hahaha I WON'T talk about leaving.  I WON'T! 


1 comment:

  1. "and had it very koselig. "
    hahah you know you're turning norwegian when you form sentences like that :P

    anyways, sounds like funn!! :)

    ReplyDelete