Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Home Again

Let's see... in the past week I have: flown 10 hours, driven back from Boston, seen friends almost everyday, had a goodbye and welcome home party, seen my dad for the first time in 11 months, dislocated my shoulder and been living it up.

The night I came home, Brittany and Rachel were at my house waiting for me and my brother had made signs welcoming me home... then suddenly while I was showing them a ton of my Norwegian stuff, Michelle, Kyle, Matt and Alyssa walked through the door.  We ended up eating mac and cheese and s'mores out at the chimineah (sp) until 2 AM.  As soon as my head hit the pillow when we went to the back bedroom, I was out.  We also spent Sunday at Echo Lake and then to Kyles house with a campfire in the woods. 

Here's a few pictures from my week.  Savner alle dere i Norge sykt mye! 










Coming back home is so strange. It is oddly normal.  There is no other way to describe it.  It feels almost as though nothing has changed.  I'm happy to see my family and old friends, but it's just a strange feeling of wanting my "new norwegian life".  Hopefully I'll get over that soon.  It's been a lot of help to talk to everyone on facebook, msn and skype, though :D  <3

Next on the list for me is college and then real life.  It's hard to believe this year is over.  Plutselig it's over.  Now it's time to start LEARNING.  But, I spent this year learning a different kind of curriculum than college.  I learned how to effectively live in another culture and learn another language with a lot of help from my friends and host families.  Those are things you can't learn in just one year in any other setting other than an exchange. 

TUSEN TAKK TIL ALLE SAMMEN SOM HAR HJULPET MEG I ÅR MED NORSKEN MIN OG UTVEKSLINGSÅRET MITT!!!!!  GLAD I DERE <3

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HAS HELPED ME THIS YEAR WITH MY NORWEGIAN AND MY EXCHANGE YEAR!!!  LOVE YOU GUYS!!! <3

Snakkes ;)

1 comment:

  1. I would like to make a trip to the lake garda hotels, because there is a wonderful landscape and i have my camera with me.

    ReplyDelete